- A quarter of a million Londoners are hurt, made ill or even killed by their work every year.
- In London’s communities, asbestos, pesticides and industrial contamination take a further toll.
- London’s congested transport systems are responsible for more deaths and illness. Deaths from traffic emissions are estimated to be over 4,000 a year and hundreds are killed in road and rail accidents each year.
- The true amount of disease, suffering and premature death caused by London’s working and living environments is simply not known.
The London Hazards Centre was established as a company and a charity in 1984 and has been helping Londoners enforce their right to live and work in safe, healthy environments ever since.
The London Hazards Centre works with trade unions, tenants groups and community based campaigns. It is run by the members who elect the Directors and Trustees at the Annual General Meeting.
London Hazards Centre provides an indispensible service for Londoners through its support for – amongst others – the Construction Safety Campaign, the Battersea Crane Disaster Action Group, and through its asbestos support work.
We would like you to:
- affiliate: NEW RATES AGREED AT 2012 AGM £10 for individuals, £30 small groups, £60 organisations with 1,000 members, £100 Regional trade unions, £200 National trade unions - contact the Centre at email@example.com if you would like a speaker or want us to post an affiliation form.
- or make a donation however small towards our general running costs
Please make cheques to: London Hazards Centre Trust Ltd and send to: London Hazards Centre, 213 Haverstock Hill, London NW3 4QP.
You can help support us when you do your normal online shopping & major stores and other services will make a donation to us through the givingabit scheme.
Please think about signing up to givingabit. Once you have registered with them, you simply join the LONDON HAZARDS CENTRE TRUST LTD community and start shopping using givingabit as the portal.