Uxbridge firm fined £18,000
Skyways Shopfitters Ltd, Morgans Yard Arundel Road Uxbridge were fined £18,000 for:
- for failing to provide storage for highly flammable liquids
- not examining lifting equipment or providing training for operators
- not checking exhaust ventilation
- not providing suitable respirators for sprayers
- not repairing defective electrical systems
- failing to protect workers from dangerous moving parts of machinery.
30 workers were put at risk. HSE inspector Saif Deen said:
“This company carried out several high risk activities with an almost total disregard for health and safety.
The seriousness was reflected in nine Improvement Notices issued.”
HSE press release here: HSE COILDN/29-02